Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Intro

Since I'm unemployed and have friends in corners of the world I've never been to, I decided to take advantage of their awesome adventures and visit while I still can.  The lovely Christine Fong has been living in Taiwan since February 2010, and for the next few weeks I'll be her useless mute shadow.
One thing Christine and I have always shared over our 7 year old friendship is an obsession with food.  When she asked me if I would give up my vegetarianism for my trip, my answer was easy to come to- "duh."  A few months later, when she sent me our itinerary, I noticed that most of our "activities" weren't landmarks, museums or activities, but were food dishes.  Clearly, I wouldn't have it any other way.  Since eating is often the most looked forward to parts of any vacation and some of my most exotic experiences here will be via my palette, I decided to keep a blog about my food adventures.  I will document everything I eat with pictures, descriptions and stories.  Although I'm doing this more for myself than for friends who might be reading, I hope you enjoy it!

1 comment: